A creamy one pan chicken wonder.
Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
- 8 Chicken pieces bone-in, I always buy the 8 pack
- 1 T Chicken Seasoning I like Ina Paarman's Chicken Spice
- 1 T Coconut milk
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 T Lime Juice
- 1 T Coriander chopped
- Coriander stalks chopped from the garnish
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1 t Turmeric Powder
- 1 T Cornstarch mixed with 1 T water
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped - big pieces
- 1 head Cauliflower Broken into pieces
- 1/2 punnet Mushrooms sliced
- 1 punnet Baby Eggplants halved
- Fresh Coriander for serving
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 Fresh Chili chopped for seasoning
Season the chicken with the chicken seasoning or salt and pepper.
Melt the coconut oil in a large pot - I use my Dutch Oven, it's BEST! Brown the chicken pieces and set aside.
Saute the onion until soft and then saute the garlic until aromatic.
Add the vegetables, fry a bit.
Add the chicken stock, lime juice, coriander and coriander stalks. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and turmeric. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the slurry and mix.
Return the chicken to the pot, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the chicken has cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Serve with coriander leaves and chopped chilies.
This is quite a saucy dish, I'd say semi-soupy; I like it that way. I like the double-dinner idea of eating vegetables and chicken pieces then drinking up the saucy-soup. However, if this is not what you like, you can half the coconut milk quantity.
This is a great winter meal, as it warms you up from the inside and if you add enough chili on after, it tingles you on the outside too - bliss.
I thoroughly enjoyed tweaking this recipe: https://www.asaucykitchen.com/coconut-lime-chicken/?utm_content=bufferbee9e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=WNMbuffer